Definition of Cold War: 1) A state of political tension and military rivalry between nations that stops short of full-scale war, especially that which existed between the United States and Soviet Union following World War II. 2) A state of rivalry and tension between two factions, groups, or individuals that stop sort of open, violent confrontation.
You will be conducting research in preparation for a magazine page on the "Cold War".
See your class handout for more details on the assignment.
VRC Databases > History/Geography Section
- ABC-CLIO World History/Modern Era (The Cold War Era)
- SIRS Decades (1950's, 1960's, etc)
- Issues & Controversies in American History (NATO, Cuban Missile Crisis)
- Communism and its Collapse
- Vietnam War
- The Cold War
- The Cold War: A History in Documents
- The Real History of the Cold War: A New Look at the Past
- America, Russia, and the Cold War 1945-1984
- Encyclopedia of the Cold War- Political, Social, Military History
- and more.............................
See Mrs. Hatcher if you have any questions regarding additional resources.